The UK College of Medicine Office of Medical Education is committed to excellence in education and medical student well-being. Understanding how challenging medical school can be, our goal is to provide a supportive community that promotes wellness so that you will become the best physician you can be. Your wellness is our priority.
Welcome to the Wellness and Counseling webpage. Below are quick references to wellness resources, staff, and programs to help decrease stress, increase physical activity, and enhance your general well-being. More information on each resource is available by clicking on the links listed to the right.
- The College of Medicine has a dedicated psychologist who offers individual therapy for any student or resident in the college.
To schedule an appointment with Dr. Jamie Hopkins, email Jamie.Hopkins@uky.edu.
- The College of Medicine partners with the Lexington Medical Society to offer individual counseling services through the Woodland Group. To make an appointment with a psychologist in the Woodland Group, call 1-800-350-6438 and leave a message. A student has access to eight free counseling sessions per calendar year. You can also find more information at www.woodlandgroup.org.
- The Department of Psychiatry and the UK College of Medicine Dean’s Office offer a mental health program for all medical students, the Medical Student Support Program. To schedule an appointment, call 859-218-5862. Please leave your name and identify yourself as a medical student, and someone will return your call.
- University Health Services psychiatrists and mental health providers provide counseling and medication management for a variety of mental health conditions.
To schedule an appointment, please call 859-323-5511.
- The UK Counseling Center also offers confidential consultation and therapy to all UK students. All services are free of charge. To learn more, visit their website at www.uky.edu/counselingcenter.
To schedule an appointment, please call 859-257-8701.
- The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline provides confidential emotional support to anyone in suicidal crisis or emotional distress.
Call 1-800-273-8255 anytime - 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Resilient is a student-led organization that was established to make personal wellness a priority for all students.
Click here to learn more about Resilient and other Peer Support Services.
- The University of Kentucky offers multiple physical health and arts resources to students.
Click here to learn more about these opportunities.