The UK College of Medicine Office of Medical Education is committed to excellence in education. We understand the demands and challenges of medical school. Our goal is to provide a supportive community that promotes wellness to help learners become the best physicians they can be.
Welcome to the Wellness and Counseling webpage. Below are quick references to wellness resources, staff, and programs to help decrease stress, increase physical activity, and enhance general wellness. More information on each resource is available by clicking on the links listed to the right.
- The College of Medcine has new psychologists that offer individual therapy for any medical student or resident in the college.
To schedule an appointment with Drs. Jamie Lynn Hopkins and Rae Lyn Glover call 859-257-8701.
- The Department of Psychiatry and the College of Medicine Dean’s Office offer a mental health program for all medical students.
To schedule an appointment, please call (859) 218-5862.
- University Health Services psychiatrists and mental health providers provide counseling and medication management for a variety of conditions.
To schedule an appointment, please call (859) 323-5511.
- The UK Counseling Center offers confidential consultation and brief therapy to currently enrolled UK students. All services are free of charge. To learn more, visit their website at www.uky.edu/counselingcenter.
To schedule an appointment, please call (859) 257-8701.
- The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline provides free and confidential emotional support to anyone in suicidal crisis or emotional distress.
Call 1-800-273-8255 anytime - 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Resilient was established to make personal wellness a priority for all students.
Click here to learn more about Resilient and other Peer Support Services.
- First year medical students have the opportunity to take a wellness elective course called the “The Healer’s Art Elective: Remembering the Heart of Medicine.”
Click here to learn more about this elective.
- There University of Kentucky offers multiple physical health and arts resources to students.
Click here to learn more about these opportunities.