In partnership with Lewis Honors College, the University of Kentucky College of Medicine has developed an Early Assurance Program for academically excellent students who demonstrate the qualities of a competent and caring physician. The applicants must have an interest in ultimately studying and practicing in Kentucky. The Early Assurance Program is offered to students in the second semester of their sophomore year. Accepted students will receive assured admission to the University of Kentucky College of Medicine – Lexington campus upon successful completion of the program requirements and graduation from the university.
If you are considering applying to the Early Assurance Program and have additional questions, please contact Czarena Crofcheck, Associate Dean of Academic Affairs, Lewis Honors College, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (859)-218-4389.
Deadline: Friday, March 1, 2019 at 12:00pm CST
Before you start the application, here are some helpful tips.
The application is designed to be completed in one sitting, please allow 2 hours to complete all the required sections. Please note that you will need to maintain activity on the application page in order to prevent being logged off. (i.e. do not open the application, and then leave your computer for an extended period of time).
- We suggest having the following materials ready before starting your application:
- A PDF copy of your unofficial transcript—this can usually be downloaded from your institution’s student-hub webpage. You can also contact your campus Registrar to get a copy.
- The names, and contact information (including title, phone number, and email address) of three professional references. Please keep in mind that at least one of these references must be a Science Faculty Member. Individuals writing reference letters must mail those directly to the following address: Czarena Crofcheck, Dean of Academic Affairs, Lewis Honors College, 1120 University Dr. Room U122C Lewis Honors College Lexington, KY 40526 or email a PDF copy of the reference letter, on university letterhead to Czarena Crofcheck at email@example.com.
- Below are the sections included in the application. Pay special attention that you are completing each required section. You will know you have successfully completed the application when you see a “Thank You” message from our office with contact information.
- Electronic Signature/FERPA Release
- Applicant Information (name, DOB, Contact Information, etc.)
- Educational Information
- Transcript Upload
- Criminal History
- Waiver of Liability—after you select your answer, please move on to the next page. The application does not end here.
- Short Answer Questions—we recommend that you utilize Word to type your responses there so that you can take advantage of the character count and spell check features before pasting them into the actual application.
- Demographic Information (*Optional*)