Assured Admission Program to the University of Kentucky College of Medicine-Northern Kentucky Campus
The Early Assurance Program is designed to provide students from partner colleges and universities with the opportunity to complete their college and medical school education in the region, and to encourage them to establish practice in this area of the state.
Students will apply to the Early Assurance Program during the spring semester of their sophomore year. Accepted students will receive assured admission to the University of Kentucky College of Medicine-Northern Kentucky Campus upon successful completion of the program requirements and graduation from their university or college.
If you are considering applying to the Early Assurance Program, it is critical that you check with the pre-medical advisor at your institution as early as possible to ensure that you are taking the required coursework and that you meet the GPA requirement.
Partner Organizations Include:
- Asbury University
- Bellarmine University
- Berea College
- Centre College
- Eastern Kentucky University
- Georgetown College
- Northern Kentucky University
- Thomas More University
- Transylvania University
- University of the Cumberlands
If you are considering applying to the Early Assurance Program and have additional questions, please contact the Admissions Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (859) 323-6161.
Application Opens: November 1, 2021.Application Deadline: February 1, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. EST
Instructions for completing the Early Assurance Program Application:
The application is designed to be completed in one sitting; allow two hours to complete all the required sections. Please note that you will need to maintain activity on the application page in order to prevent being logged off.
- We suggest having the following materials ready before starting your application:
- A PDF copy of your unofficial transcript—this can usually be downloaded from your institution’s student-hub webpage. You can also contact your campus Registrar to get a copy.
- Application requirements include two professional references. One must be a science-department faculty member who has taught you, the other must be a science/non-science faculty member who has taught you and can speak to your academic, professional, and personal attributes. Individuals writing letters of recommendation should be asked to email a PDF letter or mail the letter to:
- Email: email@example.com
- Mail to:
Early Assurance Program
UK College of Medicine-Northern Kentucky Campus
Albright Health Center, Suite 303
100 Grant DR
Highland Heights, KY 41099
- Below are the sections included in the application. Pay special attention that you are completing each required section. You will know you have successfully completed the application when you see a “Thank You” message.
- Electronic Signature/FERPA Release
- Applicant Information (name, DOB, contact information, etc.)
- Educational Information
- Transcript Upload
- Criminal History
- Waiver of Liability—after you select your answer, please move on to the next page. The application does not end here.
- Short Answer Questions—we recommend that you utilize Word to type your responses there so that you can take advantage of the character count and spell check features before pasting them into the actual application.
- Demographic Information (optional)