IMPORTANT NOTE: The application used for Boot Camp will be reviewed and critiqued as if it is an actual medical school application. Be very precise and detailed in completing the application.
WHO SHOULD APPLY:
- Applicants must be Kentucky residents.
- Applicants must have completed 2 years of college.
- Applicants should have completed 2 semesters of General Chemistry and 2 semesters of Biology.
BEFORE YOU APPLY:
You will need the following information available before beginning the application process:
- University/College/Technical School Transcripts(unofficial transcripts are fine)
- Resume/lists of activities, experiences, honors
- Personal Comments*
*Personal Comments Essay - The available space for this essay is 5300 characters (spaces are counted as characters), or approximately one page. Use the Personal Comments essay as an opportunity to distinguish yourself from other applicants. Some questions you may want to consider while writing this essay are:
- Why have you selected the field of medicine?
- What motivates you to learn more about medicine?
- What do you want medical schools to know about you that has not been disclosed in other sections of the application?
In addition, you may wish to include information such as:
- Special hardships, challenges, or obstacles that may have influenced your educational pursuits.
- Commentary on significant fluctuations in your academic record that are not explained elsewhere in your application.
To view the brochure for the Free Medical School Admission Boot Camp, click here.