Medical Students Awarded by ACP
Multiple UK College of Medicine students received awards at the American College of Physicians (ACP) Kentucky Chapter’s Annual Scientific Meeting. Students were awarded during the research poster competition in the following categories.
Medical Student Clinical Vignette
- 1st Place: Dillon Li, Class of 2017 - “What You Don't Eat Makes You Bleed”
- 2nd Place: Grace Liu, Class of 2016 - “ An Ex-Spleenation for Hypercalcemia”
- 3rd Place: David Saxon, Class of 2016 - “The Obstruction is Restricting Diagnosis”
Medical Student Research
- 2nd Place: Catherine Mannon, Class of 2017 - “Student Self Awareness of Competency Using EPAs”
- 3rd Place: Kristin Andres, Class of 2018 - “Non-Contrast Cardiac Magentic Resonance Imaging of Myocardial Fibrosis in Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus”
ACP is a national organization of internists — physician specialists who apply scientific knowledge and clinical expertise to the diagnosis, treatment, and compassionate care of adults across the spectrum from health to complex illness.