At the University of Kentucky College of Medicine, we believe one of our unique advantages is that our faculty care about each one of our students. Here, it’s not just words or a mere mission statement we hang on our walls. At UK, we believe one-on-one interaction is vital to the success of our medical students.
At UK, we take pride in educating future physicians and scientists. But don’t take our word for it. Here are just a few of the awards and recognitions we have recently achieved.
- UK is one of a few medical schools to offer a tuition guarantee program. This guarantees each entering class a set tuition that will remain constant for the four years they are enrolled in medical school.
- In 2015, UK medical students matched into 22 different specialties for residency. Thirty-one percent elected to stay within the UK HealthCare system and an additional three percent elected to stay in Kentucky for residency.
- The 2014 Best Doctors in America® included more than 100 of our physicians.
- In 2011 the NIH awarded UK’s Center for Clinical and Translational Science $20 million to move research discoveries to healthcare solutions more quickly. Awarded through the NIH’s institutional Clinical and Translational Science Awards, this designation makes UK’s Center for Clinical and Translational Science a part of a select national biomedical research consortium.
- The college has one of 10 triple-board residency programs in the nation where residents can train in Adult Psychiatry, Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, and Pediatrics.
- In 2010 UK was ranked among the top 20 medical schools in the United States based upon its "social mission score" representing the percentage of graduates who practice primary care, work in underserved areas or are underrepresented minorities.
- UK developed the nation's first and consistently top-ranked Department of Behavioral Science, which assists in developing student interests in patient-centered care, public health and patient assessment.