Goals Of The Fourth Year Program
The fourth-year Curriculum is designed to provide opportunities for students to:
- Broaden their perspective of medical practice through experiences in a variety of clinical settings.
- Explore special interests and build on demonstrated strengths.
- Expand their appreciation and understanding of the scientific bases of clinical medicine.
- Eliminate any deficiencies or weaknesses in their general professional preparation.
- Achieve a smooth continuity between medical school and post‑graduate learning.
With these goals in mind, fourth-year courses are to be selected by students in close collaboration with appropriate faculty advisors. Each student's program should be individually tailored to demonstrate abilities, possible deficiencies, interests and goals.
In designing their fourth-year programs, students should carefully review all options with their designated faculty advisor (a faculty member from the department of the student’s intended specialty, or faculty member who has been a mentor to the student).
OASIS Scheduling and Catalog
OASIS Catalog - Make sure to choose calendar year 2019-2020