Assured Admission Program to the University of Kentucky College of Medicine-Northern Kentucky Campus
The Early Assurance Program is designed to provide students from partner colleges and universities with the opportunity to complete their college and medical school education in the region, and to encourage them to establish practice in this area of the state.
Students will apply to the Early Assurance Program during the spring semester of their sophomore year. Accepted students will receive assured admission to the University of Kentucky College of Medicine-Northern Kentucky Campus upon successful completion of the program requirements and graduation from their university or college.
If you are considering applying to the Early Assurance Program, it is critical that you check with the pre-medical advisor at your institution as early as possible to ensure that you are taking the required coursework and that you meet both the ACT and GPA requirements.
Partner Organizations Include:
- Asbury University
- Bellarmine University
- Berea College
- Centre College
- Eastern Kentucky University
- Georgetown College
- Northern Kentucky University
- Thomas More University
- Transylvania University
- University of the Cumberlands
If you are considering applying to the Early Assurance Program and have additional questions, please contact Rebecca Thaman, Admissions Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (859) 448-8781.
Deadline: Friday, March 1, 2019 at 12:00pm CST
Instructions for completing the Early Assurance Program Application:
Before you start the application, here are some helpful tips.
The application is designed to be completed in one sitting, please allow 2 hours to complete all the required sections. Please note that you will need to maintain activity on the application page in order to prevent being logged off.
We suggest having the following materials ready before starting your application:
- A PDF copy of your unofficial transcript—this can usually be downloaded from your institution’s student-hub webpage. You can also contact your campus Registrar to get a copy.
- The names, and contact information (including title, phone number, and email address) of three professional references. Please keep in mind that at least one of these references must be a science faculty member.
Below are the sections included in the application. Pay special attention that you are completing each required section. You will know you have successfully completed the application when you see a “Thank You” message.
- Electronic Signature/FERPA Release
- Applicant Information (name, DOB, Contact Information, etc.)
- Educational Information
- Transcript Upload
- Criminal History
- Waiver of Liability—after you select your answer, please move on to the next page. The application does not end here.
- Short Answer Questions—we recommend that you utilize Word to type your responses there so that you can take advantage of the character count and spell check features before pasting them into the actual application.
- Demographic Information (*Optional*)
Please ask your letter writers to email or mail their letters of reference/evaluation by no later than March 1.
Please submit letters of recommendation as a PDF file from the email address of your institution (not a personal email address) to Rebecca Thaman, Admissions Officer for UK College of Medicine-Northern Kentucky Campus, at email@example.com. Please include EAP-[Full Name of Student] in the subject line of the email submission. For Mail Submissions, please address to:
Early Assurance Program
c/o Rebecca Thaman
UK College of Medicine-Northern Kentucky Campus
Nunn Hall, Suite 101
100 Nunn DR
Highland Heights, KY 41099