The Abraham Flexner Master Educator Awards Program was developed to acknowledge and encourage excellence in education. Since 1994, this award has been given at the annual Fall Academic Convocation to an impressive group of educators. Faculty members have been recognized as Master Educators in one or more award categories. Master Educator recognition is given to faculty members who have made outstanding contributions to the educational program and mission in one or more of the following areas:
- Educational Leadership and Administration
- Outstanding Teaching Contribution or Mentorship
- Educational Innovation and Curriculum Development
- Educational Evaluation and Research
- Faculty Development and Research
The award acknowledges the cumulative history of an individual's contributions and uses multiple criteria for assessing significance. Faculty members who have fulfilled the requirements in one or more award categories are encouraged to apply.