All students must complete a minimum of eight fourth‑year, four‑week courses and Intern Prep Week for a total of 33 weeks.
Your eight fourth-year rotations must include rotations that fill the following four requirements:
1. Primary Acting Internship to be chosen from the following offerings:
2. Secondary Acting Internship to be chosen from the following offerings:
NOTE: A second Primary Acting Internship will count as a Secondary Acting Internship.
3. Second AHEC rotation (if only one AHEC rotation done in third year) to be chosen from the following offerings:
* You must select a preceptor at an AHEC location in order to fulfill the graduation requirement. Please see the information on Off-Site Rotations for details.
4. MD 842 Clinical Pharmacology & Anesthesiology (Period 8, Feb. 27 – Mar. 23)
In addition to the three rotation requirements above, students have five periods (20 weeks) available for elective rotations of their choice. (Students who did two AHEC rotations during third year have six periods available for elective rotations.
The Dean’s Colloquium/Intern Prep Week will be held during the week preceding graduation, and is required for graduation.